In this episode, “Workers’ Compensation Exclusivity and Coverage Issues,” Christopher Major provides an overview of how the workers’ compensation bar applies to prohibit certain actions against the employer and how “Part B” coverage works. This audio was recorded live from training provided by Lois LLC on June 14, 2021.
Major discusses the following:
- What is “Part B” workers’ compensation coverage?
- What is workers’ compensation exclusivity and when does it apply? To which types of claims?
- What are the limits to “Part B” coverage?
- The differences between “Part B” Employer’s Liability coverage and EPLI insurance coverage.
- How Third Party “Action Over” lawsuits work.”
- How Contractual Indemnification works in the Employer Liability context.
- An overview of the duty to defend and the duty to indemnify under Employers’ Liability coverage.
- How and when to use reservation of rights letters.
What is “Defending Employers: Audio From Lois Law Firm, Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys”?
This is the audio feed from Lois Law Firm’s popular webinar training series. Every month the Firm’s attorneys present different topics in workers’ compensation. Meant as a “101-” level training course, the attorneys present a fresh take on common issues in workers’ compensation defense.
Special Reports. When emerging legal issues arise that impact employers, Lois Law Firm publishes special presentations. These special events, hosted by attorneys and presented in plain English, make the emergent changes understandable for business owners, insurance carriers, and other attorneys.