THE MOST PRACTICAL, up-to-date, and easy-to-understand guide to workers’ compensation claims in New Jersey. This book is designed for employers, attorneys, claim adjusters, physicians, self-insured employers, and vocational rehabilitation workers. This guide is written in plain English by a New Jersey State attorney and provides a detailed analysis of relevant statutes and regulations; a complete recap of recent court decisions including 2021 & 2022 cases; and a full description of current practice.Download Handbook PDF
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law Handbook
Greg Lois, Esq.
- CHAPTER 1: INITIAL REPORTING, CLAIM PETITION, AND ANSWER
- CHAPTER 2: JURISDICTION
- CHAPTER 3: EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES
- CHAPTER 4: ARISING OUT OF AND IN THE COURSE OF EMPLOYMENT
- CHAPTER 5: DEFENSES
- CHAPTER 6: TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT DISABILITY BENEFITS
- CHAPTER 7: MEDICAL TREATMENT
- CHAPTER 8: MOTIONS FOR TEMPORARY AND MEDICAL BENEFITS
- CHAPTER 9: MEDICAL PROVIDER CLAIMS
- CHAPTER 10: TRAUMATIC INJURIES
- CHAPTER 11: OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE AND REPETITIVE USE CLAIMS
- CHAPTER 12: COVID-19 CLAIMS
- CHAPTER 13: TRIAL & JUDGMENT
- CHAPTER 14: LIENS, CREDITS, OFFSETS, AND RISK TRANSFER
- CHAPTER 15: THE SECOND INJURY FUND
- CHAPTER 16: MEDICARE SECONDARY PAYER ACT
- CHAPTER 17: OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ACT
- CHAPTER 18: HIPAA
- APPENDIX I. 'CHEAT SHEETS.'
- APPENDIX II: SCHEDULE OF DISABILITIES
- APPENDIX III: BENEFIT RATES BY YEAR
- ABOUT LOIS LLC
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Edition: 2023 Edition
- Author: Greg Lois, Esq.
- List Price: $250.00 (Amazon)
- Language: English
- Format: Paperback (Black & White on White paper)
- Pages: 239
- Dimensions: 6" x 9" (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
- ISBN-13: 979-8372691148
- BISAC: Law / Litigation
Download Handbook PDF
A look inside the handbook
About the Author
Greg Lois, Esq.
Gregory Lois is the Managing Partner of Lois Law Firm LLC. Greg is the co-author of the LexisNexis “Practice Guide to Workers’ Compensation in New Jersey” published by Matthew Bender (2017 – 2020, ISBN: 9781522159360). In October 2019, Greg earned the designation “Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP)” at the Litigation Management Institute hosted at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Gregory Lois represents employers, self-insured companies, third party administrators, and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation matters. Greg has served as lead attorney on more than 100 trials involving workplace discrimination, workers’ compensation, and civil claims.Read More
Upcoming New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Webinars
Join us for these upcoming training events.