In this video, “Workers’ Compensation Exclusivity and Coverage Issues,” Christopher Major provides an overview of how the workers’ compensation bar applies to prohibit certain actions against the employer and how “Part B” coverage works. This video was recorded live from training provided by Lois LLC on June 14, 2021.
Major discusses the following:
- What is “Part B” workers’ compensation coverage?
- What is workers’ compensation exclusivity and when does it apply? To which types of claims?
- What are the limits to “Part B” coverage?
- The differences between “Part B” Employer’s Liability coverage and EPLI insurance coverage.
- How Third Party “Action Over” lawsuits work.”
- How Contractual Indemnification works in the Employer Liability context.
- An overview of the duty to defend and the duty to indemnify under Employers’ Liability coverage.
- How and when to use reservation of rights letters.
About The “Major Mondays” Civil Litigation Webinar Series
The Civil Litigation Webinar Series, from Lois Law Firm LLC., is hosted by Civil Practice Team Leader Christopher Major, Esq. and is always held on the SECOND MONDAY of the month at 3:00 PM EST. These webinars feature a live presentation followed by a Question & Answer session. To register for a Civil Litigation Webinar, click the button below: