What happens when your employee gets injured by a tortfeasor while in another state? Does the employer/carrier have the ability to assert a demand for reimbursement of the worker’s compensation cost against the party residing in another state? How does the employer/carrier maximize its recovery?
Chris Major discusses answers to all of those questions as well as the following:
- New York and New Jersey Subrogation generally;
- The New York standard for reimbursement rights across state lines in third-party cases;
- How to Apply the New York standard for reimbursement across state lines in context with examples;
- The New Jersey standard for seeking reimbursement across state lines;
- Applications of New Jersey’s law with examples;
- Other jurisdictional issues, including prohibitions on reimbursement and subrogation claims.
This recording is taken from a live webinar provided to Firm clients on July 12, 2021.
What is “Defending Employers: Audio From Lois Law Firm, Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys”?
This is the audio feed from Lois Law Firm’s popular webinar training series. Every month the Firm’s attorneys present different topics in workers’ compensation. Meant as a 101 level training course, the attorneys present a fresh take on common issues in workers’ compensation defense.
Special Reports and Presentations: When emerging legal issues arise that impact employers, Lois Law Firm publishes special presentations. These special events, hosted by attorneys and presented in plain English, make the emergent changes understandable for business owners, insurance carriers, and other attorneys.