What happens when your employee gets injured by a tortfeasor while in another state? Does the employer/carrier have the ability to assert a demand for reimbursement of the worker’s compensation cost against the party residing in another state? How does the employer/carrier maximize its recovery?
In this video, Chris Major discusses answers to all of those questions as well as the following:
- New York and New Jersey Subrogation generally;
- The New York standard for reimbursement rights across state lines in third-party cases;
- How to Apply the New York standard for reimbursement across state lines in context with examples;
- The New Jersey standard for seeking reimbursement across state lines;
- Applications of New Jersey’s law with examples;
- Other jurisdictional issues, including prohibitions on reimbursement and subrogation claims.
This video is taken from a live webinar provided to Firm clients on July 12, 2021.
About The “Major Mondays” Civil Litigation Webinar Series
The Civil Litigation Webinar Series, from Lois Law Firm LLC., is hosted by Civil Practice Team Leader Christopher Major, Esq. and is always held on the SECOND MONDAY of the month at 3:00 PM EST. These webinars feature a live presentation followed by a Question & Answer session. To register for a Civil Litigation Webinar, click the button below: