In this video, “The Carrier’s Rights Under Kelly, Burns, and Bissell,” Christopher Major explores the carrier’s right to reimbursement and subrogation under Section 29 of the New York workers’ compensation law. This video was recorded live from training provided by Lois LLC on August 9, 2021.
Major discusses the following:
- There’s no such thing as 1/3rd, 1/3rd, 1/3rd in New York!
- How Kelly apportionment works with examples.
- How the Burns decision impacts recovery for Loss of Wage Earning Capacity awards.
- Understanding how the share of litigation expense impacts recovery.
- What the Matter of Stenson means for lien waiver.
- The Bissell decision and speculative medial expenses.
An archive of prior presentations is here.
About The “Major Mondays” Civil Litigation Webinar Series
The Civil Litigation Webinar Series, from Lois Law Firm LLC., is hosted by Civil Practice Team Leader Christopher Major, Esq. and is always held on the SECOND MONDAY of the month at 3:00 PM EST. These webinars feature a live presentation followed by a Question & Answer session. To register for a Civil Litigation Webinar, click the button below: