In this episode “New York Workers’ Compensation: Case Foundations,” Greg Lois explores the topics of claim initiation, compensability decision-making, and how to calculate Average Weekly Wage in New York.
Topics covered include:
- What happens FIRST when an injury occurs at work
- Difference between ACCEPTED and DENIED claims
- What we do when we are advocating for sustaining the denial using handouts as model
- OCCUPATIONAL DISEASE claims in general
- Understanding “AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE”
What is “Defending Employers: Audio From Lois Law Firm, Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys”?
This is the audio feed from Lois Law Firm’s popular webinar training series. Every month the Firm’s attorneys present different topics in workers’ compensation. Meant as a “101-” level training course, the attorneys present a fresh take on common issues in workers’ compensation defense.
Special Reports and Presentations: When emerging legal issues arise that impact employers, Lois Law Firm publishes special presentations. These special events, hosted by attorneys and presented in plain English, make the emergent changes understandable for business owners, insurance carriers, and other attorneys.