This is Gregory Lois’ practical, up-to-date and easy-to-understand guide to workers’ compensation claims in New Jersey. This book is designed for employers, attorneys, claim adjusters, physicians, self-insured employers and vocational rehabilitation workers. This guide is written in plain English by a New Jersey State attorney and provides a detailed analysis of relevant statutes and regulations; a complete recap of recent court decisions including 2018 cases; and a full description of current practice. This book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the complicated issues and makes the law understandable for business owners.
Also available in print for purchase on Amazon.
About the Book.
List Price: $129.00
6″ x 9″ (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
Black & White on White paper
BISAC: Law / Labor & Employment
Available on Amazon.
New and notable in the 2019 edition:
- Updates to all rates and benefits references with 2018-2019 information.
- Discussion of “voluntary tender” statutory changes.
- New Appendix with chart of maximum rates in effect by year.
Includes up-to-date chapters on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and MMSEA, OSHA regulations, and HIPAA considerations.
[Revision date: November 8, 2018]
- Introduction (page 1)
- Chapter 1: Initial Reporting, Claim Petition, and Answer (page 3)
- Chapter 2: Jurisdiction (page 13)
- Chapter 3: Employers and Employees (page 29)
- Chapter 4: Arising Out Of and In the Course Of Employment (page 39)
- Chapter 5: Defenses (page 57)
- Chapter 6: Temporary and Permanent Disability Benefits (page 65)
- Chapter 7: Medical Treatment (page 85)
- Chapter 8: Motions for Temporary and Medical Benefits (page 89)
- Chapter 9: Medical Provider Claims (page 93)
- Chapter 10: Traumatic Injuries (page 97)
- Chapter 11: Occupational Exposure and Repetitive Use Claims (page 103)
- Chapter 12: Trial & Judgment (page 113)
- Chapter 13: Liens, Credits, and Offsets (page 131)
- Chapter 14: The Second Injury Fund (page 137)
- Chapter 15: Medicare Secondary Payer Act (page 147)
- Chapter 16: Occupational Safety and Health Act (page 157)
- Chapter 17: HIPAA (page 169)
- Appendix I. “Cheat Sheets.” (page 185)
- Appendix II: Schedule of Disabilities (page 187)
- Appendix III: Benefit Rates by Year (page 189)
Author: Gregory Lois