This is Gregory Lois’ practical, up-to-date and easy-to-understand guide to workers’ compensation claims in New Jersey. This book is designed for employers, attorneys, claim adjusters, physicians, self-insured employers and vocational rehabilitation workers. This guide is written in plain English by a New Jersey State attorney and provides a detailed analysis of relevant statutes and regulations; a complete recap of recent court decisions including 2016 & 2017 cases; and a full description of current practice. This book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the complicated issues and makes the law understandable for business owners.
Available in print on Amazon.
About the Book.
List Price: $129.00
6″ x 9″ (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
Black & White on White paper
BISAC: Law / Labor & Employment
Available on Amazon.
New in the 2018 edition:
- Updates to all rates and benefits references with 2017-2018 rates; new examples with 2017 benefit and award calculations.
- New information on electronic reporting requirements (Ch. 1).
- New section on when an employer must report an injury to an insurer (Ch. 1).
- New Appendix with chart of maximum rates in effect by year.
Includes up-to-date chapters on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and MMSEA, OSHA regulations, and HIPAA considerations.
[Revision date: October 29, 2017]
- Introduction (page 1)
- Chapter 1: Initial Reporting, Claim Petition, and Answer (page 5)
- Chapter 2: Jurisdiction (page 15)
- Chapter 3: Employers and Employees (page 29)
- Chapter 4: Arising Out Of and In the Course Of Employment (page 37)
- Chapter 5: Defenses (page 55)
- Chapter 6: Indemnity Benefits (page 63)
- Chapter 7: Medical Treatment (page 79)
- Chapter 8: Motions for Temporary and Medical Benefits (page 83)
- Chapter 9: Medical Provider Claims (page 87)
- Chapter 10: Traumatic Injuries (page 91)
- Chapter 11: Occupational Claims (page 97)
- Chapter 12: Trial (page 107)
- Chapter 13: Liens, Credits, and Offsets (page 123)
- Chapter 14: The Second Injury Fund (page 129)
- Chapter 15: Medicare Secondary Payer Act (page 137)
- Chapter 16: Occupational Safety and Health Act (page 147)
- Chapter 17: HIPAA (page 157)
- Appendix I. “Cheat Sheets.” (page 171)
- Appendix II: Schedule of Disabilities (page 173)
- Appendix III: Benefit Rates by Year (page 175)
- Index (page 177)
Author: Gregory Lois