In this episode, “The Carrier’s Rights Under Kelly, Burns, and Bissell,” Christopher Major explores the carrier’s right to reimbursement and subrogation under Section 29 of the New York workers’ compensation law. This recording is from a live training webinar provided by Lois LLC on August 9, 2021.
Major discusses the following:
- There’s no such thing as 1/3rd, 1/3rd, 1/3rd in New York!
- How Kelly apportionment works with examples.
- How the Burns decision impacts recovery for Loss of Wage Earning Capacity awards.
- Understanding how the share of litigation expense impacts recovery.
- What the Matter of Stenson means for lien waiver.
- The Bissell decision and speculative medial expenses.
What is “Defending Employers: Audio From Lois Law Firm, Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys”?
This is the audio feed from Lois Law Firm’s popular webinar training series. Every month the Firm’s attorneys present different topics in workers’ compensation. Meant as a “101-” level training course, the attorneys present a fresh take on common issues in workers’ compensation defense.
Special Reports. When emerging legal issues arise that impact employers, Lois Law Firm publishes special presentations. These special events, hosted by attorneys and presented in plain English, make the emergent changes understandable for business owners, insurance carriers, and other attorneys.