Attorney Greg Lois leads a discussion on appeals (very quickly) and reopeners (most of the presentation). This presentation focuses on the practical approach to bringing reopener cases to closure (or avoiding them altogether!) This audio is from a live webinar provided to clients on February 24, 2020.
- When to appeal decisions of New Jersey Workers’ Compensation trial courts.
- Strategic and tactical impact of appeal on New Jersey workers’ compensation claims.
- Overview of Application for Review or Modification of Formal Award claims (“ReOpeners”).
- Practical ways to bring reopener claims to closure.
- Discovery and litigation strategy specific to reopener claims.
What is “Defending Employers: Audio From Lois Law Firm, Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys”?
This is the audio feed from Lois Law Firm’s popular webinar training series. Every month the Firm’s attorneys present different topics in workers’ compensation. Meant as a “101-” level training course, the attorneys present a fresh take on common issues in workers’ compensation defense.
Special Reports. When emerging legal issues arise that impact employers, Lois Law Firm publishes special presentations. These special events, hosted by attorneys and presented in plain English, make the emergent changes understandable for business owners, insurance carriers, and other attorneys.