Webinar: New York’s Serious Injury Threshold
July 13 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Title: “New York’s Serious Injury Threshold”
Register for our monthly webinar series:
Register for this Webinar
Attorney Christopher Major leads a presentation and discussion on the basics of New York’s “Serious Injury Threshold.” Article 51 of the Insurance Law provides that a plaintiff in a personal injury action arising out of negligence in the use or operation of a motor vehicle must establish that he/she has incurred a basic economic loss exceeding $50,000 or must establish that he/she has suffered “serious injury”. Insurance Law § 5104(a), (b).
Serious injury is defined as personal injury which results in one of the following :
• Significant disfigurement
• Loss of a fetus
• Permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function or system
• Permanent consequential limitation of a body organ or member
• Significant limitation of use of a body function or system
• Medically determined injury or impairment of a non-permanent nature which prevents the injured person from performing substantially all of the material acts which constitute such person’s usual and customary daily activities for not less than 90 days during the 180 days immediately following the occurrence of the injury or impairment.
Please register for Civil Litigation Webinar Series, July 13, 2020 3:00 PM EST at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.