Associate Attorney – Workers’ Compensation Defense.
This attorney will support the New York workers’ compensation defense practice at Lois LLC, a mid-sized and growing workers’ compensation law firm located in Paramus, New Jersey. The majority of the hearings will be attended virtually.
*4-6 years experience with workers’ compensation required
This job offers a rigorous training program to introduce new team members to our standards, technology, and processes in a systemic and measured way.
- New York bar is required.
- Litigation and trial experience preferred.
- Successful candidates must be ambitious and driven, possess a strong work ethic, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Experience with workers’ compensation matters is preferred.
- Heavy client contact.
- Pre-litigation counseling and trial work.
- Prepare and draft legal documents on behalf of clients.
- Advise clients on business and legal transactions.
- Negotiate settlements for legal disputes.
- Comprehensive benefits package (including medical, vision, dental, HSA, life, and long-term disability.
- 401k with match.
- Collegial work environment.
- The firm provides or reimburses all CLE requirements, professional license fees and encourage bar membership and activity.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following items to be considered:
- Cover letter
- Resume (make certain that the date of admission for each state you are licensed is on your resume)
- Short writing sample
*All inquiries will be maintained in strict confidence.
Absolutely no recruiters.
LOIS LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.
All posted positions are full time unless noted. All posted staff positions are hourly unless noted. We offer a full benefits package including, but not limited to, health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer match, long term disability, paid time off, and more. For attorneys, the Firm reimburses all marketing expenses, bar registration costs, bar association fees, and Continuing Legal Education requirements.