LOIS Trial Attorney Stephen McLinden obtained a major victory on a Board Panel review that required both careful trial planning and persistence by the litigation team as well as a stellar brief on appeal to ultimately prevail.Continue reading RESULTS: Lois Team Prevails on Appeals in New York
We live in a COVID-19 quarantine world now, so host Christian Sison is taking a “business as usual” approach with the second iteration of the Third Fridays podcast using remote appearances from guests. This month, Jeremy Janis and Adam Lowenstein discuss their recent litigation wins at the Appellate Division level. With practical advice to use in an impractical world, Christian can’t help but call foul on a new Board Panel Decision refuting the need for work search during the quarantine restrictions. discuss practical aspects of defending COVID-19 claims before the Workers’ Compensation Board in New York.Continue reading More Covid-19 Claims: Third Fridays Podcast
In this episode, host Christian Sison welcomes partner Tashia Rasul to his podcast to discuss practical aspects of defending COVID-19 claims before the Workers’ Compensation Board in New York.Continue reading In Depth look At Covid-19 Claims: Third Fridays Podcast
In this episode, host Christian Sison welcomes attorney Andrea Abudayeh to his podcast to discuss the Workers’ Compensation board’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.Continue reading Covid-19 & New York Workers’ Compensation Board Response: Third Fridays Podcast
In this video, Gregory Lois provides an overview of how potential coronavirus claims are handled under the New Jersey, New York, and Federal Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Acts! This video is from a live presentation on March 9, 2020.
In this video, Greg provides answers to common questions, such as:
- What are the state’s laws regarding the compensability of exposure to the virus? When would it be covered, when would it not be covered?
- If an employee tests positive and an employer shuts down work for two weeks for quarantine, is there any WC coverage afforded to quarantined employees who are not sick with the virus?
- If an employee tests positive, does the WC policy cover the employer testing employees for the virus?
Attorney Greg Lois leads a discussion on appeals (very quickly) and reopeners (most of the presentation). This presentation focuses on the practical approach to bringing reopener cases to closure (or avoiding them altogether!) This video is from a live webinar provided to clients on February 24, 2020.
- When to appeal decisions of New Jersey Workers’ Compensation trial courts.
- Strategic and tactical impact of appeal on New Jersey workers’ compensation claims.
- Overview of Application for Review or Modification of Formal Award claims (“ReOpeners”).
- Practical ways to bring reopener claims to closure.
- Discovery and litigation strategy specific to reopener claims.