Timeline of the “Typical” case: Admitted Traumatic Accident with Lost Time.
- Initial investigation to confirm loss.
- If there is medical and lost time, begin benefits.
- File FROI-00 (Electronic Data Interchange, “EDI”).
- File update EDI documents as the case progresses.
The Board’s initiative to enforce EDI (“eClaims”).
Beginning in 2013, the Board has begun an increased tempo of “monitoring and compliance” initiatives intended to enforce the eClaims guidelines and generate more penalty income for the State. The Board has now established a “Compliance Unit” intended to do the following:
- monitor performance standards for timely submission of First Report of Injury,
- confirm timely first payment of indemnity benefits,
- check for timely submission of Subsequent Report of Injury showing first payment,
- monitor timely submission of Controversy; and
- track the Percentage of Claims Controverted (how many cases is the carrier denying?).